Sunday, September 03, 2006

An Interesting Weekend

There are several things I want to write about, and I'm not sure where to start. I think I'll share some now, then write a deeper post later tonight.

We go to a folk dancing group with some friends on a monthly basis, and recently started meeting at a different church. The church building has a timer for the locks, where they set what time the building automatically locks and unlocks. It's supposed to open at 6:45 for us, and lock again at 9:15. Last night, we got there at 6:47 and found the building still locked. We wondered if perhaps our clock was off a bit, but a few minutes later, we still couldn't get in. We then thought that maybe they had just set it for 7, since that's the time dance actually started. 7:00 came and went, and still the building was locked. After going all the way out there, we just couldn't go home again without dancing any, but we couldn't get in the building either. The solution: we danced in the parking lot instead. Thankfully, it wasn't too hot, and there was a nice breeze, so I enjoyed it. There was something lovely about dancing outside as the sun set. While the breeze and scenery was nice, the concrete wasn't so good on the feet. It was harder and shoes didn't work as well as on a smoother surface. I usually dance with my shoes on until about halfway through, then dance barefoot. After about an hour last night, I was starting to get blisters on my toes. I kept on a bit longer, then decided to take my shoes off and dance barefoot on the concrete. It really didn't feel bad at all...until we were finished dancing and I tried to bend my toes. Thankfully, the blisters are much better today. I thought I'd be limping around as I tried not to walk on my toes, but that wasn't necessary after all.

This morning, we went to a new church about 40 minutes from here(side note to the MacDonalds: It's only about 5 minutes from the Fialas!). We all enjoyed it a lot. Everyone there was very friendly and welcoming, we liked the music, and the message was wonderful. They have a potluck lunch every Sunday after the service, which is something we like a lot. It's wonderful to have that time of fellowship. At so many churches, you get there, greet everyone, have church, say goodbye, then leave so you can go eat lunch. When everyone eats lunch together, you can really get to know people much better, and I think the time of fellowship is very beneficial.

No comments: