Thursday, July 13, 2006

Blogs

Things aren't looking too good for my old blog right now. Because of some of the problems the server is having, I can't use the blogging software. The main page of my blog is run through the software. I had thought about putting up a notice on my main page that the blog part wasn't working, and linking over to here. But the only way I can find to do that right now is to delete all the blog files, which would mean I'd lose my archives, etc. I'm going to try to find a way to back those up, which would be something good to do anyway, but if I can't do that, I'm not sure what to do. I talked to tech service about the subdomain problem, and they are supposed to call me back within 24-48 hours. I didn't talk to them about the blogging problem, as at that point, I hadn't yet figured out what was causing it. I know now, but I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is just one big muddled mess!

I thought of something good today. At least I hadn't made all those big updates on my site before this happened! I would have put in a lot of time on something that would have gotten all mixed up. Maybe I can keep up that Pollyanna-mentality and not stress out over all this anymore...

No comments: